Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Home Server Raid What Level Of Graphics Card Do You Need To Run A Home Server/server/gaming Server?

What level of graphics card do you need to run a home server/server/gaming server? - home server raid

I try a server that I built in my basement. For now, a source server for my four teams will escape, but eventually would like for the next train to start and turn it into a game server. But I'm really new to the whole server thing, and I do not know how powerful a card (s) I need.

If you're running games that are completely new. 2006 and higher, I believe, I believe, with no more than 8 players in a game.

The specifications for the server, probably like:

Quad-Core Xeon
ASUS nForce 570 SLI Motherboard
HyperX 2GB RAM Server
Power 550 watts with an efficiency of 80 PLUS certified
Thermaltake Armor Series Full Tower
iStar USA Hot Swap RAID Cage
About 1-2 terabyte hard drives at 10,000 rpm

Probably adjustments to lower the price, but for now, that's what I think.

Now to my real question is what kind of video / graphics card I need for it. I do not need SLI?(The mother has only two ports, 16x). Do I need a video card at all? XGI Z9s or adequate?

Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment